In 2005, a Community Plan nominated 7 areas needed to make a good community.
The seven areas were chosen by Banksia Grove Partnership Developers, and the BGRA and the Round Table liked them. They cover a wide range of interests. We all have different interests, but it is likely that you would have an interest in at least one of these areas, to help make the neighborhood better.
In 2015, the BG Partnership community developers rationalised the list to 5 areas.
The more locals that contribute their little bit, the more the whole community benefits. Because when neighbors work together, a little effort in your area of interest makes a big difference to everyone! We get a balanced community: we become friends not strangers, and everything works better.
So what are you interested in?
- Amenities & Services: buildings, playgrounds, safe road crossings - the community's hardware
- Culture & Community, Groups & Events: the activities that bring people together - churches, school P&C's, residents association, Cheers, plus art projects, carnivals, sport events & groups, family fun days, etc. The local groups at the BG Centre.
- Economy: local businesses
- Environment: The Pod community garden / shed, energy efficient design, local flora & fauna, local water conservation
- Education & Wellbeing: Schools and life-long learning
- Health: local health nurse
- Safety Awareness: Police, Safety Houses, etc
Make contact, and we can introduce you to people with similar interests to you.
2012 Example of how different groups in Banksia Grove work on different parts of the Community Plan