- The Aboriginal healing site has been saved
- The road planned through the conservation wetland is now being diverted
- Rural land between Coogee Rd and Neaves will now remain special rural
We still have three objectives to achieve and they are;
- Stopping plans to establish the South Pinjar Industrial Estate (planned within the priority one public resource drinking area of the Gnangara Mound)
- No urbanization on medium to high risk acid sulphate soils
- Functional wildlife corridors be established between the lakes and what is now the pine plantations
Crew has been working solidly collecting signatures and informing the public on the hazard the proposed South Pinjar industrial estate will pose to Perth’s drinking water. This Thursday 9 September at 9.00am we will be presenting Ken Travis MLA with our latest petition of 5500 + signatures. Ken Travis will table this petition and talk in parliament for one hour discussing why this planned industrial estate should not proceed.